“Love is Air” for Poet TeQuila Kelly during National Poetry Month

Love is Air, Poetry by TeQuila Kelly, Poet TeQuila Kelly
TeQuila Kelly
TeQuila Kelly, author of Love is Air: Poems of My Journey is also the Founder and CEO of Prov31 Dance & Development Center, LLC based in Richmond, Virginia.  It is evident that her insight, passion, life lessons and creativity is spiritually rooted and cultivated in heartfelt love, displayed throughout her book and her dancing. The premise behind TeQuila’s book of poetry illustrates her personal revelation of how love can capture and reflect many forms, just like air. Each chapter reveals common threads in some form and expression of air, which is how she perceived love at that time.

Since her book’s debut in 2013, TeQuila has been interviewed by local journalists, featured in local newspapers and as a guest on radio shows. It was difficult to choose one of her poems to feature during National Poetry Month, but we finally decided on the following poem, entitled “He Is.”

He Is

It is hard to believe how much of you I adore
I could never love anyone more
If you didn’t rescue this lonely heart
It would still be torn apart
But now I am missing you, I feel so alone
Do you feel it too or am I on my own?
With closed eyes, I see your face
With my whole body, I feel your embrace
Missing your love it’s been quite a while
I can hear your heart beat across the miles
You make it so easy to love
You are everything that I dream of
I am giving you my all
Daily, I anticipate your calls
When I hear your voice, it speaks the truth
You make it easy to love you

Click here to learn more about the art behind TeQuila Kelly visit her website http://prov31ddc.wix.com/tequila. Be sure to follow her on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Loveisair2013.

tequila kelly, love is air, tea and poetry book club, national poetry month
Purchase Love is Air: Poems of My Journey on TeQuila’s website or click here to get it on Amazon.com.

We asked TeQuila what flavor of tea she prefers when reading poetry, and she likes the Peach Mango Flavor of White Tea! How delightfully tantalizing!

*Today’s poem is used with permission by the author.

Comments