Movie Trailer for "Poetry" from South Korean Filmmaker Lee Chang-Dong

To continue celebrating National Poetry Month, I wanted to share this touching movie trailer that I came across called "Poetry." This is a movie about loss and discovery. I have not had an opportunity to see the full version of this movie and I don't know if it is available in English, but if anyone runs across the full version, please let me know. It looks like it will be worth seeing.

The movie Poetry, which was written and directed by South Korean filmmaker Lee Chang-Dong, recently won the Regard d'Or Award at the Fribourg International Film Festival in Switzerland. The movie, about a woman in her sixties who decides to take a poetry class at an adult-education center, also took honors for best screenplay at the 2010 Cannes Film Festival. I included that trailer below, so please watch and enjoy!


Comments